Friday, January 7, 2011

Some New Favorites

We get in so many new yarns it's hard to post them all so I thought I'd pick some of my favorites this week to share.

Supersocke Comedy Color

From ONline, Supersocke 100 Comedy Color is a fabulous self striping wool/nylon machine washable sock yarn. The colors just blow me away! They are so fun and bright, the simplest sock pattern shows them off perfectly.

This sock is in color #1282


So many beautiful colors! One ball makes a pair.

Nuna

Another favorite by Mirasol is Nuna. A sport weight blend of 40% silk, 40% wool and 20% Bamboo. The silk and bamboo give it a really pretty sheen. This would be lovely for any against the skin accessory because of its softness. I'm thinking a slouchy hat?...

Fabulous!

Sugar Rush

We have loved working with Araucania Ruca, a dk weight 100% sugar cane yarn, that we decided to bring in Queensland Sugar Rush. Also made of 100% sugar cane, this fingering weight summery yarn has 137 yds and comes in a variety of solid and jacquard colors. I think this would be a great yarn for color work, baby projects and lightweight tops.


Excited to use this one!

-Annie, Yarn Garden Staff

No comments: