Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Upcoming Class: Cozy Portland Vest


Conquer your fears of knitting a sweater with Emily's Cozy Portland Vest class!
Quickly knit using only a few skeins of Debbie Bliss's Donegal Luxury Tweed Chunky on a US # 10 1/2 needle.


Learn short row shaping on these cute cap sleeves.


Emily's vest shown here is knit in color #04, purple.





I was so excited when I saw Emily designing her sweater for the class, I had to make one too! I've been on a sock kick this summer, so casting on a bulky weight vest was quite a change. I quickly knit this over a weekend and had so much fun.
This is a longer version without a button to be worn open. Her pattern is easily adjustable to add or take away length.


Even with the extra length, I only used 3.5 skeins of Donegal Luxury Tweed Chunky in color #03, navy. I love the way it turned out and can already see that I will be getting a lot of wear out of this.



Sign up for her class which starts next Monday, September 19th at 6:30-8:30 online at yarngarden.net or by calling us, 503-239-7950.
The class fee is $45.00 and meets three times. You will learn how to follow a pattern, measure gauge, short rows, seaming, picking up stitches and will have a lovely vest to wear this fall and winter!


Here is a list of all the times the class will meet:

Class Dates and Times:
Mon. • 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm • 9/19/2011
Mon. • 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm • 9/26/2011
Mon. • 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm • 10/3/2011


-Annie, Yarn Garden Staff

No comments: