Friday, December 21, 2012

Gift Idea: Knit and Crochet Classes

Our Winter Classes for 2013 are here and there is one for everybody!  
My mother signed me up for a class 10 years ago to learn to knit while I was visiting her.  I'll never forget my patient and hilarious teacher and the first scarf I made with knits AND purls!  Knitting is a huge part of my life now and I still continue to take classes and now teach them myself.  

There's nothing else like a room full of people bonding over a first scarf so take a look at our class schedule and sign up for one today or gift a class to a loved one for the holidays!
For the last minute shoppers, pick up a Yarn Garden gift card along with a printed out class schedule.

Sign up for classes at yarngarden.net or call us 503-239-7950.

Teacher: Michelle Corcoran
 Learn the basics of sweater construction as you knit this cozy v-neck pullover. In addition to reading a pattern, you'll also learn increases and decreases, seaming, and a decorative ribbing that adds a special touch to this sweater. Knit on larger needles, you'll find this sweater a fun and quick knit!  
This is a great class for new knitters.  Skills needed: cast on, knit, purl and bind off.

Class Dates and Times:
Mon. • 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm • 1/7/2013
Mon. • 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm • 1/14/2013
Mon. • 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm • 1/21/2013
Mon. • 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm • 2/4/2013

 -Annie, Yarn Garden

No comments: