Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gift Ideas- Man Hat


I recently finished the Man Hat by Haven Leavitt in one night using only one ball of Ragazza Metoo Print. (Excuse the terrible photo, it was dark and I was excited to post about it) The pattern called for a bulky weight yarn knit down on a US 8 needle for warmth, so I thought I'd give this new yarn a try. Metoo Print is a chainette blend of 80% merino wool, 15% acrylic and 5% nylon. It's machine washable and the color changes are slow and subtle. I really liked working with the yarn and watching the colors fade from olive to forest.

I'm really liking chainettes, they make such a soft and lightweight fabric but still warm.

Ragazza No. 2 features Metoo Print. This hat and jacket on the cover are both knit in color 105, mottled petrol.

Hat, snood, sweater and arm warmers all in Metoo Print, color 101 mottled plum. Featured in Ragazza No. 2 booklet.

-Annie, Yarn Garden Staff

No comments: